A HERITAGE OF TRADITION and QUALITY Taylor's Eye Witness was founded by John Taylor in the early years of the 19th century and the 'EYE WITNESS' trade mark was first registered in 1838. The inspiration for the choice of 'EYE WITTNESS' is believed to be Shakespeare's line in Henry IV 'NO EYE HAS SEEN BETTER'. The knives are still hand-made in Sheffield to the same exacting standards. There is a lifetime guarantee on every knife that has not been misused.
The “Premier Collection” (PC) is made in Sheffield by hand from the finest materials available. Each knife comes with an intricately worked back, a presentation gift box, and certificate of authenticity signed by the craftsman.